With over 5 years of experience as a clinical health psychologist, specializing in Acceptance and Committment Therapy, Dr. Appadurai is currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among her areas of expertise are depression, anxiety, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders and sleep disorders. Dr. Appadurai graduated from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology in Chicago with a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, and a focus in Health Psychology. Dr. Appadurai completed her pre-doctoral internship at Linden Oaks Hospital in Naperville where she was part of the PMAD team, and participated in program development, implementation and evaluation of the PMADs program for Edward Hospital and Health Services.
Dr. Appadurai has been using Mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to treat psychological disorders for over three years. In addition to being a prominent relationship therapist, Dr. Appadurai has presented at National and International conferences and to general audiences speaking on the topics of Acceptance and Committment Therapy, mindfulness, and perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
Dr. Appadurai is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- Doctorate in Psychology (Psy.D.) from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology
License, Certifications & Awards
- PMAD (Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders)
- CBT -I (Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Retraining)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Professional Activities and Membership
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Illinois Psychological Association (IPA)
- Association for Contextual and Behavior Science (ACBS)
- Behavioral Sleep Medicine Society (BSMS)
- International OCD Foundation (IPSD204.org)
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America